Random Post

Labels

Home » » America's Mr. Olympic... Michael Phelps

America's Mr. Olympic... Michael Phelps

Written By creativeseed on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 | 10:38 PM

Record Breaking 19th Gold for Michael Phelps creates history

Michael Phelps, the champion swimmer from America, took the one leap needed to become the Legend in Olympics history. Winning his 19th Gold medal in  men's 4x200m freestyle relay, Phelps became the most celebrated Olympian ever.


Golden kiss number 19

With a little help from his American friends, Phelps won his first gold medal in London in the 4x200 metres freestyle less than an hour after a shock defeat in the 200 butterfly, an event he has dominated for over a decade.


The record Phelps broke was held by Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina, who won the last of her 18 Olympic medal at Tokyo in 1964.

Larisa Latynina
The new King of Olympics
























Until Phelps surfaced, no-one had come close to breaking her record in almost half a century but now the torch has been passed to the 27-year-old from Baltimore.
"I would have liked a better outcome in the 200 fly. Obviously it was my last one and I would have liked to win but...it wasn't a terrible time," Phelps said.
"I thank those guys for helping me get to this moment ... I just wanted to hold on. I thank them for allowing me this moment."



Share this article :

Post a Comment