Random Post

Labels

Home » » Serena blows Sharapova away!

Serena blows Sharapova away!

Written By creativeseed on Saturday, August 4, 2012 | 10:33 PM

Serena wins Olympic Gold, completes Golden Slam


Serena Williams of the United States thrashed Russia's Maria Sharapova 6-0 6-1 in 63 minutes to win the women's singles gold medal at London 2012. With this win, Serena has completed Golden Career Slam, with all the Grand Slams & two Olympic Doubles Gold in her bag already.




"Oh my gosh, I got the gold. I've never played better. Playing against someone like Maria you have to be at your best. I knew that, so it was like I had nothing to lose.
"I never expected gold in singles. I was so happy with my doubles golds [in Sydney 2000 and Beijing 2008]. I thought, 'If my career's over I have my gold medal and now I have everything.'
"I have singles, doubles, actually everything there is to win in tennis. Where do I go from here?"





Sharapova added: "Serena played some incredible tennis, with the form she was in during Wimbledon and afterwards.
"With every match she has played she has played great, she has improved and become better, and that showed today."

           


Top seed Azarenka beat Maria Kirilenko of Russia to take bronze.

Victoria Azarenka waves to the crowd after defeating Tamira Paszek in the quarter-finals.
Share this article :

Post a Comment